- You may’ve caught the mention that we began filming last Friday. One of our most important interviewees is leaving to finish his book in London next month, when the rest of filming is slated to start, so we went up to Canada to get him on camera at his convenience. It went amazingly well, but now we are back to the less exciting albeit equally important preproduction paperwork and research.
- Last night’s Breaking Bad. Ten minutes before the end, you know how the episode is going to conclude and it’s excruciating waiting for it to happen, which is the point. They emphasize the silence and let you see it all coming. I love that I’m watching a show that utilizes the intelligence of its viewers. If you didn’t see it coming, it doesn’t ruin it. You’ll be surprised and nothing I’m saying right now is a spoiler. But for people who pick up on the subtext, they use that knowledge to create a depth in the tension that is heart-stopping. I’ll be furious/in love with the ending for the rest of the week.
- And replies:
- Yeah. I gotta meet y’all.
May I just point out that you and Dr. Baffled were the first people to like this post on Vasant’s Dobby moment? I’m pretty sure we need to meet you two as well.
Speaking of which: have you booked your hotel package for AWP yet? The AWP’s official hotel is already sold out. They recommend the Hyatt, which I can’t, having not stayed there, but the Westin is a little far away and I adore the W. So there’s that. You are, of course, invited to Rivendell to stay, but we’re eyeing hotels too. AWP is going to be an insane time and not having to commute back and forth might be a huge relief.
I’m counting the days until Puppy and Bunny Rule AWP.
Oh, and what’s AWP, oh curious internet? Picture Comic Con for writers, editors, agents and publishers. It’s that. It’s a week of networking for people who chose careers where they wouldn’t have to network.
I kid. It’s actually going to be ridiculously fun, exciting and exhausting. And The Lady will be there, so it will also be the high point of 2014.
- Reason #457,883,210 why you guys are my OTP. MY SHIP IS CANON!
That time when Claire tried to explain to Vasant what OTP, SHIPPING and AU was. It did not go well. Vasant was intentionally misunderstanding her; Claire started trying harder to explain, fun was had by all.
- Wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACES AND YOUR EVERYTHINGS! <3
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FACE AND EVERYTHING.
That’s it for now.
Work, TV and people I love. This posts just about sums it up.